What is wealth management?
Wealth Management is an investment advisory that deals with the financial needs of affluent clients.
Similarly, it is a branch of a financial institution that undertakes the investment needs of clients.
However, wealth management advisors offer their service only to the effluents in society.
What are the advantages of wealth management?
- Wealth management policies satisfy a client’s distinct pleas.
- A wealth management consultant makes use of different financial strategies to assist his clients in making financially intelligent decisions.
- Client’s tends to employ the services of professional wealth management advisors to suit their financial needs.
- Wealth advisors collect information from clients and keep it confidential.
- In the same way, wealth managers specialize in specific areas of finance based on their expertise.
Wealth management through ETF
ETF Is an abbreviation for exchange-traded form. Investors acquire multiple stocks and bonds at once with ETF.
Traders purchase shares of exchange-traded form, also the money used to invest in keeping with positive objectives.
ALSO SEE: All You Need To Know About Investment And Wealth Management In Nigeria
To illustrate, when you purchase say, an s&p for 500 exchange-traded forms, your money will be invested within the 500 organization in that index.
Concepts to note before buying ETF
First, before getting into the process buying of an ETF, it is important to know few concepts regarding ETF.
1. The concept of active/passive ETFs.
Active/passive ETFs are the two basic types of ETFs we have.
Active ETFs hire managers to invest their money, while passive ETFs track an index stock.
Passive ETFs simply want to match an index performance, while, its counterparts want to beat it.
2. ETFs surcharges
How much do you need to have before investing in ETF?
They do not have a minimum investment requirement. However, they trade on a per-share basis, all you need is just the fund for a current share price to get started.
Advantages of Wealth Management with ETF
- They provide exposure to a variety of bonds, is, and other assets at an affordable fee.
- Allow investors to match the performance of the market over time.
- They are fairly easy to buy.
- Investing in ETFs is not complicated as it is with individual bonds.
With everything that has an advantage, there is also a disadvantage to it.
Some of the disadvantage of using ETF include:
- No much return.
- You have to pay management fees.
Ways to start investing in ETFs
To start investing in ETFs.
- First, open an account with them. It is a brokerage account, if you are a new investor, it is wise if you compare each broker’s features and platforms before you chose the one that suits your financial need.
- Chose only a broker that will offer you extensive educational features.
- Your first ETFs should be passive index, as they tend to be cheaper than their counterparts.
- Let ETFs do the work for you
Some ETFs for beginners include Vanguard s&p 500, Vanguard Russel 2000, Vanguard high ETFs and Invesco QQQ trust.
Wealth Management through Mutual fund investment.
Mutual funds are swimming pools of funds that a skilled fund manager, draws jointly from varied individuals to put capital into determined underlying securities for the investor’s benefits.
The full assets of mutual funds are divided into units of equal financial fees.
CHECK ALSO: 14 Steps To Financial Freedom And How To Maintain It
Take for instance a unit is #10, any investor investing #100,000 will receive 20,000 units.
The Fund manager will stipulate within the allocation guides which devices the mutual fund will expend capital on.
Most mutual price ranges are open-ended funding schemes. This means the Fund manager creates additional devices for brand spanking new investors on call for, based totally on the net asset price (NAV) in keeping with the unit and the amount of money the buyers are investing.
Advantages of Wealth Management with Mutual fund.
- The major advantages refer to the fact that the pooling of a huge wide variety of small investment sums allows small investors to take advantage get to all of the privileges of a professional investment adviser.
- The scale of the investments of the fund affords each unitholder with the advantage of portfolio diversification which (s)he might now not had been capable of achieving contrarily.
- Mutual funds ensure that even small investors have equal opportunity to wealth creation that is the benefit of the wealthy.
- Mutual fund investment is likewise cheap, even for the low-profits earners, and thus promotes economic inclusion and freedom.
- It is likewise cheap, even for the low-profits earners, and thus promotes economic inclusion and freedom.
Some of the disadvantages of Wealth Management with Mutual Funds.
- Control Abuses
Agitating, turnover, and improving funds appearance may occur if your manager is exploiting his or her authority. This includes unnecessary trading, unreasonable alternative, and facilitating the losers before quarter-end to fix the books.
- Tax inefficiency.
- For buyers seeking out faster execution times, maybe due to quick funding perimeters, buying, and selling, or timing the market, the mutual budget provides a vulnerable execution strategy.
How much do you need to have before investing in Mutual Funds?
Some mutual funds let buyers buy-in without a minimum in any respect—that means that even $5, $10, or $100 can get you invested. Even though there are mutual budgets without minimums, most retail mutual funds do require a minimum initial investment of $500 to $5,000, with institutional magnificence budget and hedge price range requiring minimums of at least $1 million or more.